To offset the immense pressures on the German economy due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the national government has enacted several major relief and stimulus measures.
Over recent weeks, the German government has rolled out the following measures for businesses and households, among others:
– €600 billion stabilisation fund for debt financing and buying direct stakes in companies;
– €50 billion in grants for small businesses, up to €15,000;
– €7.7 billion for social security protections for self-employed;
– €3.5 billion for medical needs, PPEs, and vaccine development;
– Protection from eviction for tenants;
– €55 billion for further stimulus support mechanisms